So, this is the first 'assignment' that I haven't been completely familiar with. I have to say, it's pretty cool. I have heard of RSS feeds, but never really investigated them on my own. I had my own little system for sites that I visit daily - a folder in my Favourites. But bloglines is useful because it's all in one place, shows when there are new posts, and there's also no advertising. The page looks oddly plain and boring though, took some getting used to. I'm so used to the bright, blinking and otherwise annoying ads on the internet... so it was strange without it.
Making an account with bloglines was straighforward and at the end they gave me the option to subscribe to some of their 'top blogs'(I think it was called that). So I picked out a few (movie ratings, weather etc.) just to see what would happen. As it turns out, they were added to my feeds right away, without any confusion or problems. Impressive.
I added the Library 2.0 feed, and a few blogs so I can keep up with what other ppl are posting. Realising it was easypeasy, I checked out some of the sites I go to on a regular basis and check to see if they offered feeds. Many of them did. Both copy+pasting and the little orange icon are fast and easy to use.
So I found out that all my lovely celebrity gossip sites have feeds. As well as some of my favourite Harry Potter sites. I also added iTunes top 25 songs, and Movie6 feed (of of my fav movie streaming sites).
As far as the feed searching sites: topix, Syndic8, feedster etc. I don't really think I'll use those very often. I already have enough sites to check up on. Maybe on a rainy day I will investigate more... but for now, Ill stick to the feeds I have. I did check them out and I think Syndic8 and feedster are both reasonably easy to search and navigate. I probably won't ever use topix because it's all new related and stuff... and I'm just not really into that.
Well I'm off to read a chapter or two of Harry Potter & the Deathly Hallows (for the second time) because I'm awesome.
Oh-- and my poll. I was totallllly right w/ my predictions! BUT I won't tell you anything. You have to read it. (I'm talking to you Sharon... and Nadia. lol)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment